Blueberry and apple ginger slice
Please log in to save or rate.
18 (makes 18 pieces)
Time to make:
40 mins (Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 25 mins)
$0.72 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 3/4 cup dairy-free reduced-fat table spread
- 1 1/4 cups soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups canned apple slices
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease and line the base of a 23cm square pan with baking paper. Place spread and sugar in large bowl and beat until creamy. Add ground ginger and beat until light and fluffy.
Step 2 Add eggs, beating well to combine. Fold in flour with chopped ginger, blueberries, honey and half the apple.
Step 3 Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle over remaining apple and almonds. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch.
Step 4 Cool in pan. Remove and cut into even pieces. Sprinkle top with icing sugar and serve.
About this recipe
First published: September 2013