Chicken and broccoli cheesy bake
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
45 mins (Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 35 mins)
$4.15 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 350g gluten-free pasta bows
- 3 cups chopped broccoli, cut into florets
- cooking oil spray
- 400g chicken breast fillets, chopped
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 4 tablespoons light spreadable cream cheese
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat grated cheese
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- 12 cups salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Lightly grease a large ovenproof dish. Place pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and cook for a further 4 minutes. Drain, return pasta and broccoli to pan. Remove from heat.
Step 2 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Add chicken and cook until browned. Remove chicken. Add mushroom to pan and cook for 3 minutes.
Step 3 Add pesto, cream cheese and milk to pan. Cook, stirring, until heated through. Pour sauce over pasta. Stir in spinach, tomato and chicken. Spoon into prepared dish. Sprinkle top with cheese and almonds. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with salad.
If you’d like to increase the fibre in this dish, simply choose a wholemeal pasta.
You’ll need a 3-litre ovenproof dish to make this bake. If you’re using individual dishes, just reduce the cooking time by 5 minutes.
About this recipe
First published: September 2013