Couscous chilli con carne
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$2.67 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 cups Tomato, capsicum and kidney bean braise
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeño chillies, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- chopped coriander, to serve
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place Tomato, capsicum and kidney bean braise in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook until heated through. Or, heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Then set aside to serve.
Step 2 Place couscous in a large bowl. Pour over 1 cup boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes before using a fork to fluff up.
Step 3 Divide couscous and braise between serving bowls. Sprinkle with a little chilli, add a dollop of yoghurt, then top with coriander. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
About this recipe
First published: September 2013