Sweet corn fritters with smoked salmon and avocado salsa
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$5.05 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 corncobs, husked and kernels sliced off, reserved or 300g no-added-salt sweet corn
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour
- 2/3 bunch coriander, stems and leaves reserved, plus extra
- 1/2 cup leaves for salsa
- 2 eggs
- pinch of chilli flakes
- plive-oil spray
- 1 medium avocado, stoned, diced
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus extra 8 lime wedges, to serve
- 200g smoked salmon, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place corn kernels (or sweet corn), flour, coriander, egg and chilli flakes in a food processor; blend until batter is combined, but still slightly chunky.
Step 2 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil; set over high heat. Add ¼ cupfuls of batter to pan and cook for 1–2 minutes per side, or until fritters are golden brown and cooked through.
Step 3 Mix extra coriander leaves, avocado, tomato and onion in a small bowl to make salsa; drizzle with olive oil and lime juice.
Step 4 Place 2 fritters on each plate and top with salsa; add smoked salmon and 2 lime wedges. Serve immediately.
About this recipe
First published: March 2014