Full ingredients list:
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced (see variation)
- 2 medium red capsicums, sliced
- 2 teaspoons hot smoked paprika
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 500g seafood marinara mix
- 4 slices light rye bread, toasted, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium–high heat. Add onions and capsicums; cook, stirring, until soft. Add paprika; cook, stirring, until fragrant.
Step 2 Add tomatoes to saucepan with 1/2 cup water; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 7–10 minutes, or until sauce thickens slightly.
Step 3 Add seafood to sauce, cover pan and cook for 5 minutes, or until seafood is cooked through.
Step 4 Serve seafood stew with toast.
You can swap the onion for 1 large fennel bulb, if preferred.
About this recipe
First published: August 2015