Italian-style chicken and borlotti bean stew
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.00 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets, chopped
- 2 x 75g lean Italian sausages, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary leaves
- 2 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 400g can borlotti beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed, chopped
- 4 slices grainy bread, warmed, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place a large flameproof casserole dish over medium–high heat on the stovetop. Add olive oil and heat. Add chicken and sausages; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until browned. Add onion, celery, carrots and garlic; cook for 5 minutes, or until soft.
Step 2 Add stock to pan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer for 20 minutes. Add borlotti beans and simmer for 10 more minutes, or until chicken is tender. Stir chopped spinach through stew and cook for 1–2 minutes, or until wilted.
Step 3 Divide stew among 4 bowls and serve with warm bread.
About this recipe
First published: July 2015