Slow-cooked Greek-style lamb and potatoes
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$3.50 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 600g lamb shoulder, trimmed, cut into 5cm chunks
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thick wedges
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
- 600g (about 12) new potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 medium eggplant, diced into 2cm cubes
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves, to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 140°C. Place lamb, garlic, onion, lemon wedges and potatoes in a large, heavy casserole dish; drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with oregano and top with rosemary. Scrunch a sheet of baking paper and place firmly on top of lamb to retain moisture. Cover dish and bake for 2 hours.
Step 2 Remove dish from oven. Use a large spoon to skim off any excess fat; discard. Add eggplant and tomatoes to dish, cover and return to oven; bake for 1 more hour, or until lamb is tender.
Step 3 Uncover dish. Increase oven temperature to 180°C and bake for another 20–30 minutes, or until lamb is lightly browned and vegies are cooked through.
Step 4 Scatter lamb and vegies with parsley leaves and serve.
About this recipe
First published: July 2015