Full ingredients list:
- 475g pork stir-fry strips
- 30g sachet jerk seasoning (see variation)
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 850g frozen mixed Asian stir-fry vegetables, partially thawed
- 450g pouch microwavable brown rice
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add pork strips; stir-fry for 4–5 minutes, or until browned and almost cooked through.
Step 2 Add seasoning to wok; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add plum sauce, shallots and vegetables; stir-fry (adding 2–3 tablespoons water if mixture is too dry) for 1 minute, or until sauce heats through.
Step 3 Microwave rice according to packet instructions. Top rice with spicy pork stir-fry and serve.
This recipe also works well with harissa spice mix if you don’t have any jerk seasoning.
About this recipe
First published: July 2015