Fish with lemon, parmesan, olive and herb crumb
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
40 mins (Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 25 mins)
$7.00 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets, such as ling or perch
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 75g panko breadcrumbs
- Crumb mixture
- 25g grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup black olives, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 cups rocket
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups steamed brown rice, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Pat fish dry with paper towel, then press lightly into flour to coat. Dip fish into egg, then press lightly into breadcrumbs; shake off excess.
Step 2 Make crumb mixture: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Top crumbed fish with crumb mixture.
Step 3 Place fish in an ovenproof dish and bake for 20–25 minutes, or until fillets are golden brown.
Step 4 Meanwhile, make salad: Toss all ingredients in a salad bowl.
Step 5 Serve crumbed fish fillets with salad and a side of steamed rice.
To save time, combine panko breadcrumbs with crumb mixture, then press egg-dipped fish into this mixture to coat.
About this recipe
First published: March 2015