Chicken and chickpea lettuce cups
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.90 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 500g chicken breast fillets, diced
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free sweet chilli sauce
- juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges, to serve
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 4 medium carrots, grated or julienned
- 1 medium red capsicum, finely sliced
- 4 tablespoons roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- coriander leaves, to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Sauté onion and garlic until soft. Add chicken and cook for 3–4 minutes, or until cooked through. Add chickpeas, sweet chilli sauce and lime juice; toss well and cook for 2–3 more minutes, or until warm.
Step 2 Spoon mixture evenly into lettuce leaves; top with grated carrot, capsicum and peanuts.
Step 3 Garnish chicken-lettuce cups with coriander leaves and serve with a couple of lime wedges.
About this recipe
First published: October 2015