Pan-seared fish with couscous and lemon tabouli
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$5.20 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 cup wholemeal couscous
- 4 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, finely diced
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- large handful of flat-leaf parsley or mint, finely chopped
- zest and juice of 2 lemons, plus extra zest, to garnish
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets (such as Hoki or Blue-eye Trevalla)
- 1 tablespoon Tuscan or Cajun seasoning
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Prepare couscous according to packet instructions, fluff grains with a fork and transfer to a salad bowl. Add tomatoes, cucumbers, capsicum, onion, herbs, lemon zest and juice, and 1 tablespoon olive oil to bowl; toss well, season with black pepper and set aside.
Step 2 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over medium–high heat. Sprinkle fish evenly with seasoning and cook for 2–3 minutes per side, or until cooked right through.
Step 3 Garnish fish with extra lemon zest and serve with tabouli.
About this recipe
First published: October 2015