Pesto, tofu and broccoli pizza
Please log in to save or rate.
4 (makes 2 x 20-22cm pizzas)
Time to make:
35 mins (Hands-on time: 20 mins, Cooking time: 15 mins)
$6.10 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 portion Basic pizza dough (2 x 20-22cm rounds)
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 head of broccoli, broken into florets, steamed or boiled
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 150g firm tofu, diced
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan
- small basil leaves, to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Top dough rounds with cherry tomatoes; scatter with half the mozzarella. Add vegetables and diced tofu; brush with pesto and top with walnuts (or pine nuts), parmesan and remaining mozzarella.
Step 2 Spray pizzas with olive oil and put on preheated pizza stones or baking trays; bake for 15 minutes, or until crusts turn golden brown.
Step 3 Garnish pizzas with basil leaves, season with pepper and serve.
Use vegan cheeses that are free of animal rennet, if necessary.
For crisp crusts every time!
- Move the oven rack to the second-lowest rung.
- Place a pizza stone on the rack, then heat the oven to 220°C and leave stone to heat for 20 minutes. If you’re using a baking tray, heat it in the oven for only 10 minutes.
About this recipe
First published: October 2015