Butter chicken with chickpeas, spinach and yoghurt
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$5.20 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 400g chicken breast fillets, chopped
- 2 x 175g packets Passage Foods Naked Curry Butter Chicken curry base
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeas
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat natural yoghurt, plus extra, to serve
- 450g pouch microwavable basmati rice, to serve
- coriander leaves, to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium–high heat. Add chicken and stir for 3–4 minutes, or until browned. Add curry base with 1/3 cup water; stir well.
Step 2 Add chickpeas and cauliflower to pan; stir well. Reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until chicken cooks through and vegies are tender. Remove pan from heat; stir in baby spinach and yoghurt.
Step 3 Meanwhile, microwave rice according to packet instructions.
Step 4 Divide butter chicken and rice among 4 bowls, then top with an extra dollop of yoghurt; season with black pepper, garnish with coriander and serve.
About this recipe
First published: September 2015