Herb and quinoa cakes with roast pumpkin and tzatziki
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
50 mins (Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 35 mins)
$4.65 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed under cold running water
- 800g pumpkin, cut into thin wedges
- 1 bunch baby beetroot, halved
- Olive-oil spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons gluten-free cornflour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 sage or basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 3 tablespoons chopped cashews
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 cups baby rocket, to serve
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat tzatziki, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Boil 2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Add quinoa and cook for 12–15 minutes, or until grains absorb water. Transfer cooked quinoa to a large bowl.
Step 2 Preheat oven to 190°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Put pumpkin and beetroot on one tray and spray with olive oil; roast for 30–35 minutes, or until tender.
Step 3 Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Sauté shallots and garlic until soft; add to quinoa bowl with remaining ingredients (except baby rocket and tzatziki) and mix well to combine.
Step 4 Wet hands to shape mixture into 8 even patties; place on the other baking tray. Spray patties with olive oil and bake for 15–20 minutes, or until slightly golden.
Step 5 Serve herb and quinoa cakes with roast veg, baby rocket and a dollop of tzatziki.
About this recipe
First published: September 2015