Skip to main content
Meals and occasions
Snacks, light meals
Pasta, rice and noodle dishes
Pies, tarts and flans
Kids can cook
Meals for one
Ready in 20 minutes
How to cook the basics
Bristol stool chart
Portion size guide
Weekly menu planner
Ask the experts
10 of the best winter snacks
Each month, we bring you 10 of the best healthier choices for your shopping trolley.
Paradise Vive Lites Choc Chip Cookies
are a delicious alternative to full-fat versions, with only 185kJ per biscuit.
Wicked Sister Rice Pudding (Milk Chocolate Belgian Bliss)
– a yummy winter indulgence that’s 97% fat-free.
Skinns 95% Fat Free Potato Chips (Tomato Sauce)
have 75% less fat than regular chips, only 310kJ per 40g bag and are gluten-free.
Betty Crocker 97% Fat Free Mixed Berry Muffins
– each muffin has only 600kJ and less than 1g saturated fat.
Campbell’s Country Ladle Minestrone (mug-size)
– just the right size to satisfy mid-afternoon hunger pangs and contains only 400kJ per serve.
are now available in portion-controlled 130g tins (they have a salt-reduced version, too). Baked beans contain lots of protein, fibre and are a serve of vegies!
are filled with fibre and pack a powerful hit of vitamin C.
Burgen Fruit & Muesli bread
– swap your café-style raisin bread for a slice of Bürgen Fruit and Muesli toast – you’ll save 493kJ.
Bega So Light Tasty cheese
– top a piece of multigrain toast with a slice of this cheese for a high-protein, low-GI snack.
Jarrah Choc o’lait
– with only 190kJ per serve and 99% fat-free, this guilt-free hot chocolate will help satisfy a chocolate craving!
Smart swaps: Protein
Protein is essential for building and repairing muscles, and is the basis for cre...
10 of the best yoghurts
There are seemingly endless choices of yoghurt available – so to save you time at...
In store: January 2013
Try some of the more unusual fruit and veg in season this month – and check out t...
We love wrap ‘n’ roll — put a healthy wrap in their lunchbox, baby. They’ll be si...
Food, FODMAPs and IBS: What to eat and what to avoid
Scientific studies have proven that a low-FODMAP diet can significantly relieve I...
The best and worst takeaway
Did you know that Australians eat takeaway or restaurant food an average of four...
Your guide to meal replacements
Are meal replacements a safe and healthy way to lose weight? HFG dietitian Zoe Wi...
10 easy ways to lower your cholesterol every day
HFG dietitian Zoe Wilson shows you some simple and practical steps to help bring ...