Avocado and cashew rice salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$3.50 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 cup cold cooked brown or basmati rice
- 1 large vine-ripened tomato, chopped or 8 grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 medium avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley or coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 12 unsalted roasted cashew nuts, chopped
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Taste, season with freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Bobbie Baxter (Mortdale, NSW)
Bobbie says: "I enjoy this for lunch when working and sometimes I make a batch of it for barbecues or social gatherings."
About this recipe
First published: March 2008