Spicy meatballs with roasted tomatoes and tzatziki
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$7.21 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 250g lean beef mince
- 1/2 cup wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons red harissa paste (see tip)
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- cooking oil spray
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumber, grated, excess water squeezed out
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- To serve
- 2 wholemeal mini pita breads
- 4 cups salad greens
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. To make meatballs, combine mince, breadcrumbs, sweet chilli sauce, harissa paste and garlic in a large bowl. Roll mixture into teaspoon-sized balls and place into an ovenproof baking dish. Add tomatoes to dish, and spray with oil.
Step 2 Cook for 15–20 minutes, turning meatballs once, until brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley.
Step 3 Meanwhile, make tzatziki by combining all tzatziki ingredients in a small bowl.
Step 4 Lightly warm or toast pita pockets. Top with meatballs, roasted tomatoes, salad greens and a dollop of tzatziki.
Find harissa paste at specialty or health food stores.
About this recipe
First published: April 2012